There are many activities to get involved. We have a variety of ways to create bonds and get to know a variety of people.
Is a volunteer position currently Debbie Ebright and Marvin Combs serve as coordinators.
We would greatly appreciate your help if you would be so kind to assist when possible you may contact Debbie through the church office: 816-942-1866
Chancel Choir and Bell Choir meet during the months of Sept-May they break for the Summer. If you would be interested in joining the choir please contact Donna Fast the Director through the church office: 816-942-1866
Music Camp is during the Summer for one week dates TBA Contact Donna Fast to find out details
Chancel Choir, Bell Choir, & Music Camp - Contact: Donna Fast 816-942-1866
Our Women are a powerful source in our church and community. They select different programs to follow each year. This year they are studying the women of the bible. They meet at the church in the Fireside Room the second Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m. and conclude by noon.
All are welcome, please join us!
Here is a list of the mission we support. Most of these are on going each year but we also add new causes as needed.
- Love Gift, an “over and above” gift used to support mission efforts worldwide.
- Participated in the White Cross program, begun by the women’s group in 1919, by sending Rolled bandages to Congo $150 to be used in the Congo mission field, and sewing kits for the Philippines.
- Bethel Neighbor Center, Mothers gifts project, sent school supplies to Bethel children in the fall; hats, mittens, and scarves for Christmas.
- Collected food and volunteer our time for the Red Bridge food pantry.
- Help reStart, a local agency working with homeless people of KC
- Contributed to Sallie Peck Student Aid Fund, used for Seminary Students
- Supported our Area V Women’s Ministries
- Supported Kim Brown who works with “House of Love” in Thailand helping Aids victims and their children.
- Provided and served lunch for about 30 Burma students at Central Theological Seminary each year.
- Make baby quilts and baby hats for Children’s Mercy Hospital.
- Create fundraiser projects to raise money for our mission project. This year was a recipe book we made over $550
Meet at the church on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday mornings at 9:30 a.m.
They take flowers or reading materials to our friends that are unable to worship with us. They are pleased to be remembered by their church in visits, prayers and flowers. Both groups feel blessed by our shared experiences. We invite you to join us in this mission